Thanks so much for visiting my speaking page. If you want to check my availability for your event, fill out the availability form below. If you have some questions before proceeding further, please email me.
An Overview of this Page
This page provides an overview of what I have to offer, along with a taste of what you can expect. You can click on the links below to take you directly to the relevant sections.
A Little Bit About Me
I started working in the legal industry in 1983. I started out as the Billing Administrator, moved on to the Word Processing Center Supervisor and then finally to a Legal Secretary position working for litigators. In all of these positions, I held training classes to share my knowledge.
I held Legal Trainer positions at two law firms where I trained new hires, managed several software roll-outs, performed software testing, wrote technical documentation, created computer tests for applicant testing, defined a skills standard for legal secretaries and conducted mandatory workshops.
In 1996, I joined the world of litigation support. I have built 4 litigation support departments, managed $1M annual budgets, been responsible for the support of up to 85 practice-specific software applications, conducted in-house software training classes, trained 1:1 with attorneys, attended 30(b)(6) depositions as an electronic discovery expert, and consulted with medium sized law firms. I have a speciality in managing second requests, anti-trust, white collar and other large complex litigation matters, with sizeable document collections as well as large document reviews.
In September 2011, I launched LitigationSupportGuru.com, to give back to the litigation support industry and to fill a gap in the education of “A Day in the Life” of a litigation support professional. Over the years, I have helped dozens of people find jobs in litigation support.
In December 2011, I joined the faculty at the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies, in their Paralegal Studies Program. As an Adjunct Professor, I teach Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat to first semester students, Legal Technology to second semester students, and an Advanced Litigation Technology Lab class to third semester students.
I have found that students learn best when the learning style is interactive, engaging, supportive, and I always toss in a little humor (sarcasm) for good measure.
What You Can Expect
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal consultation prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and/or social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include links to sample files and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- Follow-up communication after the event to make sure I met your expectations.
My Upcoming Engagements
- April 28, 2017 – Iowa Association of Legal Assistants.Paralegals Spring Seminar
- June 17, 2017 – NCAPA Biennial Education Conference
My Previous Engagements
- September 10, 2015 – Maryland Association of Paralegals (MAP) – Legal Technology Tips
- December 9th, 2015 – Cicayda “Review Crew Call” – Batching Techniques
- January 12, 2016 – The Association for Legal Professionals (NALS/NVLSA) – Tech Tips for Legal Professionals
- February 2016 – Paralegal Cruise – Tech Tips for Legal Professionals
- April 19, 2016 – British Columbia Legal Management Association (BCMLA) – Litigation Support Update and Tech Tips for Legal Professionals
- July 18, 2016 – National Capital Area Paralegal Association (NCAPA)
- October 11, 2016 – Relativity Fest – Academic Partner Program: Lesson Planning Step-by-Step for 2017
- April 4, 2017 – Maryland Association of Paralegals (MAP) – Legal Technology Tips
Check My Availability
Download high-resolution logos.